In my life, these things happened today:
- My wonderful friends the Fitzmikis dropped by this afternoon for a visit and gave me gorgeous flowers.
- Jeff-o sent me a most fancy and elegant bouquet - delivered by Robin.
- My dear in-laws gave me a lovely and heartfelt card.
- We ate delicious and restorative soup from Neha for dinner.
- My mom is here. It's awesome! She arrived and I immediately began sleeping better. I napped yesterday AND today.
- Stella's dance class had parent participation day and she and Manou rocked out together. Robin taped this and David and I observed. Watching them boogie was pretty much the best.
- Stella's Mother's Day art project informed me - a person formerly known as "Dirteens" - that I smell like "one petal of a rose." This is probably one of the best compliments I have ever received.
- I remembered to be happy - very, very happy - to be married to the best possible spouse for me, a phenomenal father, and one hilarious and clever dude.
- I felt blessed to be given the chance to parent Big Sister and Little Sister (pictured, in motion, as always) below: